top of page

Have you moved recently and need the IRS to update your address?

There are a few ways to update your address with the IRS.

Telephone -

Business 1-800-829-0115

Individuals 1-800-829-1040

Be sure to have the following information available in order to verify your identity.

  • Full name

  • New address

  • Old address

  • Date of birth

  • Social Security number, ITIN or EIN

Form -

  • Form 8822 Change of Address for Individuals

  • Form 8822-B Change of Address or Responsible party for Businesses

Tax return -

  • Use your new address when you file

Written statement -

Send a signed written statement with your:

  • Full name

  • Old address

  • New address

  • Social Security number, ITIN, or EIN

  • Mail your signed statement to the address where you filed your last return.

Visit to find out more information on this topic.

13 views0 comments


bottom of page